Monday, October 26, 2009

R.H.O.A.

It's time to post another entry regarding the ending of a "guilty pleasure" TV show as the finale episode has just aired. We'll start with the Real Housewives of Atlanta (R.H.O.A). If you've never seen this show, my apologies, because I can't stop laughing throughout most of the shows. Morals of the R.H.O.A. include: money can't buy you love, but it can allow you to spend $13,000 on wigs each month; high school antics never end; and when all else fails, watching DAwight and a bunch of others run down the street in high heels as a fundraising activity was, well, enough to cause me to double me over in laughter. The vanity, the drama, the needling of others...well...it never ceases to amaze. I also enjoy watching the girls running in and out of Atlanta landmarks I frequented when I lived in Atlanta. A few of the women even live right by my old office.

Anyway, here are the ladies, from left to right: NeNe, who is a stripper turned housewife/pot stirrer. For whatever reason she seems to kind of stir up the hornet's nest and then walk away as if she really had nothing to do with it in the first place. I relish it. Next is Kim, who sang (I use that term loosely) Tardy for the Party which apparently made it to iTunes #3. I am slightly ashamed to admit I used 99 cents of my own money to get the song there, thanks to a few friends who permanently imprinted the song in my head.

In the middle is Kandi, a new addition this season, but a welcome one as she rarely lets NeNe get the best of her. She has a new album coming out with the song "I Fly Above" acting as the first single to "drop."

Then there are the two future CoCo Chanels (slight cough here), Sheree (she by Sheree) and Lisa (Closet Freak). Neither of them really belong anywhere near clothes, fashion or designing if you want my honest opinion. But to each their own.

I was asked yesterday who my favorite housewife is and it's probably Lisa. Her husband is really cute, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders and stays pretty clear of the major drama.

Here are just a smattering of the irresistibly funny quotes from the season:

“Well, ex-stripper, that’s false. I’m still a stripper. I strip most nights for Gregg, Gregg has no problem with me stripping for him. " - NeNe

“Big Poppa proposed to me.” – Kim. Has anybody filled her in that Big Poppa is married?

Kim said, “At the end of the day, it’s all about morals and values.” Really? Is that why she got engaged to a married man?

NeNe to Kim, “You and your wig need to get out of my life!"

At the Independence Party, Sheree reveals her new bangs and her ginormous portrait by Rossin. Her face must be 4 feet tall in the portrait and granted, Sheree IS beautiful, but NeNe nails it when she says “Is she going to hang that in her house?”

"It’s not He by Dwight, it’s She by Sheree, so I’m the head diva in charge” - Sheree

"Can we just put him on eBay?" - Gregg to NeNe, regarding NeNe's son Bryson

"Athens, eh. There are just so many trees. I can't hardly stand it." - NeNe

It's given me a chuckle just to recap these. If this is the real world, then what world do I live in? Happy Monday everyone.

No comments: